For a student to participate in KMEA honor groups the sponsoring teacher must be an active member of the Kansas Music Educators Association.
HS Orchestra Audition Procedure
- Auditions are to be blind with students behind a screen.
- There will be two judges in each room to listen and evaluate each player based on the KSHSAA solo event rubric.
- Auditions for SEKMEA High School Honor Ensembles will be live auditions with the following exception:
The only allowable exception is for students unable to attend district auditions due to participation in NAfME All-National Ensembles.
The procedure for a recorded audition will be as follows:
- Teacher will take a video recording of the student performing the entire audition material in one take.
- Submit to the district President no later than 7 days before auditions.
- The district President will review the audition to ensure the correct person auditioned and done in one take.
- The President will then forward an audio-only copy to the appropriate ensemble chair who will be responsible for playing the appropriate cut of the audition for judges on audition day.
6860 SE Hwy 66
Riverton, KS 66770
Important Dates - HS Orchestra