HS Orchestra Audition Procedure
- Auditions are to be blind with students behind a screen.
- There will be two judges in each room to listen and evaluate each player based on the KSHSAA solo event rubric.
- Auditions for SEKMEA High School Honor Ensembles will be live auditions with the following exception:
The only allowable exception is for students unable to attend district auditions due to participation in NAfME All-National Ensembles.
The procedure for a recorded audition will be as follows:
- Teacher will take a video recording of the student performing the entire audition material in one take.
- Submit to the district President no later than 7 days before auditions.
- The district President will review the audition to ensure the correct person auditioned and done in one take.
- The President will then forward an audio-only copy to the appropriate ensemble chair who will be responsible for playing the appropriate cut of the audition for judges on audition day.