Southeast Kansas Music Educators Association
2020-21 SEKMEA Events
Due to the COVID-19 situation, SEKMEA will not hold in-person events this year. Please note the following:
- Auditions will be held online via recorded processes. Honor Group rosters will be published in the normal fashion.
- High School students named to a district instrumental ensemble will be eligible to audition for KMEA All-State instrumental ensembles.
- High School choir students who score high enough will be named to KMEA All-State Choirs in the normal fashion.
- Details regarding honor ensemble souvenirs will be published at a later date.
2020-21 SEKMEA High School Honor Groups to use Recorded Auditions
SEKMEA will use online recorded auditions for all high school honor groups for the 2020-21 school year.
Additional information, including audition materials for each ensemble, will be further specified as chairs complete their plans.
KMEA Mentoring Network
Attention New Teachers!
JOIN the Mentoring Network
- CONNECT with experienced mentors and fellow beginning music educators.
- ENGAGE in professional learning through mentoring events and online discussions.
- ENJOY SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT from a professional community that is committed to your success.
Check out these events designed for first and second year teachers.
Mentoring Help Line
Contact your district mentor chair if you have a question or need resources or help.