Oct. 31 - Nomination Deadline
Jan. 15 - Clinic & Concert @ Chanute HS - $5 participation fee per selected student
- Admission: $4 - Adults; $1 - K12 Students
Nominations must be entered online in the KMEA Members
Any student grades 5-6 from the Southeast District is eligible.
Teachers may nominate 8 students from their school to participate in the choir.
If your district has more than one elementary school, please limit your number to 6 per school.
All nominations must be completed online by the posted deadline.
Use the SEKMEA Invoice Generator
to create your fee invoices.
An invoice print-out must be included with each payment. Make checks payable to Southeast KMEA
Fees are $5 per student due no later than the day of performance.
The goal is to provide a quality experience for advanced students.
Selected students are to know the music before the event as the elementary choir will perform by memory.
8:30 AM - Registration begins
9:00 AM - Rehearsals begin
3:30 PM - Public concert (includes the Middle Level band and choir)
Students may wear school clothing for rehearsals. Facilities will be available to change before the concert.
All clothing must follow your schools dress code. Concert Dress is as follows:
Ladies: Dresses/Skirts/Slacks and nice shirt (no jeans, t-shirts or tennis shoes)
Men: Slacks and Dress Shirt/Sweater, tie is optional (no jeans, t-shirts or tennis shoes)
Items may be purchased for lunch at a concession stand or students may bring a sack lunch.
- Music marked with the school name so it can be returned if misplaced.
- Original music only in a black three-ringed binder.
- Pencil for marking the music.
- Money for lunch or a sack lunch. (Please encourage students to bring smaller bills to purchase their lunch.)
- Water in a closeable container. (No pop is allowed in the music room or gyms.)
- Concert attire.
- A positive attitude and desire to have a great day making music with others!
All titles are available from Senseney Music.