Middle School Choir
Nov. 14 - Nomination Deadline
TBA - Clinic & Concert @ Location TBA - $5 participation fee per selected student
- Admission: $4 - Adults; $1 - K12 Students
Nominations must be entered online in the KMEA Members
Any student grades 7-8 from the Southeast District that is enrolled in a choir class is eligible.
Teachers may nominate 8 choral students from their school: 2 Soprano, 2 Alto, 2 Tenor and 2 Bass.
Teachers may also nominate alternates for any voice part.
There is no guarantee the alternates will have a place in the choir.
All nominations must be completed online by the posted deadline.
Use the SEKMEA Invoice Generator
to create your fee invoices.
An invoice print-out must be included with each payment. Make checks payable to Southeast KMEA
Students may wear school clothing for rehearsals. Facilities will be
available to change before the concert. All clothing must follow your
schools dress code. Concert Dress is as follows:
Ladies: Dresses/Skirts/Slacks and nice shirt (no jeans, t-shirts or tennis shoes)
Men: Slacks and Dress Shirt, tie is optional (no jeans, t-shirts or tennis shoes)
Items may be purchased for lunch at a concession stand or students may bring a sack lunch.
- Music marked with the school name so it can be returned if misplaced.
- Original music only in a black three-ringed binder.
- Pencil for marking the music.
- Money for lunch or a sack lunch. (Please encourage students to bring smaller bills to purchase their lunch.)
- Water in a closeable container. (No pop is allowed in the music room or gyms.)
- Concert attire.
- A positive attitude and desire to have a great day making music with others!
All titles are available from Senseney.
Rehearsal and Performance Schedule
8:30 AM — Registration
9:00 -10:15 — Rehearse
10:15-10:30 — Break
10:30 -11:40 — Rehearse
11:40-12:20 — Lunch
12:20-2:40 — Rehearse
2:40-3:00 — Change Clothes - Go back to wait for concert - leave belongings in designated area.
Following the concert, wait on the stage to be picked up by parents.