Middle School Choir
Nov. 12 - Nomination Deadline
Jan. 27 - Clinic & Concert @ Pittsburg Middle School - $15 participation fee per selected student
Nominations must be entered online in the KMEA Members site. Any student grades 7-8 from the Southeast District that is enrolled in a choir class is eligible. Teachers may nominate 8 choral students from their school: 2 Soprano, 2 Alto, 2 Tenor and 2 Bass. Teachers may also nominate alternates for any voice part. There is no guarantee the alternates will have a place in the choir. All nominations must be completed online by the posted deadline.
Use the SEKMEA Invoice Generator to create your fee invoices. An invoice print-out must be included with each payment. Make checks payable to Southeast KMEA.
Students may wear school clothing for rehearsals. Facilities will be available to change before the concert. All clothing must follow your schools dress code. Concert Dress is as follows:
Ladies: Dresses/Skirts/Slacks and nice shirt (no jeans, t-shirts or tennis shoes)
Men: Slacks and Dress Shirt, tie is optional (no jeans, t-shirts or tennis shoes)
Items may be purchased for lunch at a concession stand or students may bring a sack lunch.
- Music marked with the school name so it can be returned if misplaced.
- Original music only in a black three-ringed binder.
- Pencil for marking the music.
- Money for lunch or a sack lunch. (Please encourage students to bring smaller bills to purchase their lunch.)
- Water in a closeable container. (No pop is allowed in the music room or gyms.)
- Concert attire.
- A positive attitude and desire to have a great day making music with others!
- Bridge Over Troubled Water-Simon & Garfunkel Paul Simon/arr. Kirby Shaw, SAB
- Bright Morning Stars-arr. Ruth Elaine Schram, SAB
- You Are My Refuge-Michael John Trotta, SAB with Piano Accompaniment
- Carry the Light-Andy Beck, SAB
- Gloria Celebration-Douglas E. Wagner, SAB
Rehearsal and Performance Schedule8:30 AM — Registration
9:00 -10:15 — Rehearse
10:15-10:30 — Break
10:30 -11:40 — Rehearse
11:40-12:20 — Lunch
12:20-2:40 — Rehearse
2:40-3:00 — Change Clothes - Go back to wait for concert - leave belongings in designated area.
Following the concert, wait on the stage to be picked up by parents.