2021-22 - Todd Ferguson, Girard
2020-21 - Lori Ray, Parsons
2019-20 - Matt Koester, Chanute
2018-19 - Rusty Arnold, Independence
2017-18 - Kay Hill, Sedan Schools, PreK-12
2016-17 - Chris Kastler, Meadowview Elem., Labette Co.
2015-16 - Steve Woolf, Erie
2010 - Kenny Kellstadt, Anderson Co. HS
2009 - Kent Wire, Chanute HS
2008 - Bob Beckham, Fort Scott HS
2007 - Barbara Albright, Ft. Scott MS
2006 - Dallas Scothorn, Burlington HS
2005 - Terry Wilson, Neodesha HS
Award information on KMEA state site
- Nominations shall be submitted by 11:59 PM on August 31.
- Qualifications for nominee are:
- Exceptionally skillful with their adminstrative unit.
- Showing special support for the arts as an indispensable part of the school curriculum.
- Any SEKMEA member or group of members may nominate an administrator.
- District officers will review the nominations and select one administrator as District Honor Administrator by September 7.
- The District honor administrator will submit their packet for state recognition to the District President by September 24,
including the completed nomination form, nominee's biographical information,
nominee's professional experience (including years in present position), degrees earned, professional and civic organizations, and honors received,
a description of the school system's music program such as resources, number of students and teachers, etc.; and a description of any unique features
or characteristics of the arts/music program within the building, district, or community. The application may also include letters of endorsement and
clippings of pertinent articles, photographs, or other sources which detail the nominee's distinctive contributions to the field of music education.
- Southeast District President will have the recognition materials to the KMEA Vice President by October 1.