Outstanding Music Educator Nominations
Please review the guidelines for nominating an Outstanding Music Educator below. Send your nominations with a brief supporting
Nominations will be received through August 31.
DISTRICT OUTSTANDING MUSIC EDUCATORS
- Each district will receive nominations for District Outstanding Music Educators in three categories: Elementary, Middle/Junior High School, and High School.
- Nomination submissions shall include the Nomination Form, a resume,
a letter from the nominee stating his/her philosophy of music education, and a picture (preferably black and white) of the nominated teacher.
- Qualifications for nominee are:
- Must have been in teaching for at least ten years.
- Must be a member of KMEA.
- Program must have shown improvement and/or consistency over the years.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, former students, and students may nominate a music teacher.
- District officers will review the nominations and select one teacher in each category as District Outstanding Music Educator.
- District Presidents are to have the recognition materials to the KMEA Vice President by October 1.
STATE OUTSTANDING MUSIC EDUCATORS
- District officers will review the nominations and select one teacher as the District's candidate for the Kansas Outstanding Music Educator.
- The KMEA Vice President will forward nominations to the KMEA President and President-Elect. These three officers shall serve as the selection committee for the Kansas Outstanding Music Educator.
- The Kansas Outstanding Music Educator shall be honored at the KMEA In-Service Workshop.