HS Jazz Band Audition Procedure
- Student's name, audition number, and audition time are posted outside the audition room.
- Door/room monitor announces the number of the student auditioning to the judges.
- Auditions are to be blind with the student behind a screen.
- Auditions for SEKMEA High School Honor Ensembles will be live auditions with the following exception:
The only allowable exception is for students unable to attend district auditions due to participation in NAfME All-National Ensembles.
The procedure for a recorded audition will be as follows:
- Teacher will take a video recording of the student performing the entire audition material in one take.
- Submit to the district President no later than 7 days before auditions.
- The district President will review the audition to ensure the correct person auditioned and done in one take.
- The President will then forward an audio-only copy to the appropriate ensemble chair who will be responsible for playing the appropriate cut of the audition for judges on audition day.